Before a package will end up in Extras and is installable for end-users on their device, it will go through a few steps:
- source package uploaded to autobuilder incoming queue
- autobuilder builds package and moves it into the incoming queue from Extras-Devel
- queuemanager for Extras-Devel will put the package in the Extras-Devel repository
- developer checks packages from Extras-Devel and if the package is OK:
- promote the package to Extras using the Promoter.
We have two Promoters is place:
community project on garage.maemo.org. The code can be found in the svn repository. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the interface or would like to add functionality, please propose and discuss it on the maemo-developers mailinglist.
We are still working on documenting Extras and Uploading to extras in the wiki and of course work towards The Big Plan. Feel free to edit the wiki and improve the articles, this is a community project.
Let's work together to get more applications available in Maemo Extras!