Starting with Fremantle, packages can now be managed by developers through the maemo.org packages interface. Community testers can help in the QA process by testing applications in the queue and giving thumbs up/down for a package.
At the same time we open the extras-testing and extras repositories for Fremantle for promotion through the interface.
The interface has the following features:
- Package search
- Package listings per repository
- Only allow maintainers to promote a package
- Request package maintainership
- Automatic package maintainership assignment on first upload of a package
- Automatic dependency tree checking
- QA queue for testing repository
- Promotion unlock to stable (Extras) repository based on karma score
- Leaving comments when you encountered problems with a package
At this moment the interface is in beta testing mode, so please be aware that there might be some rough edges. Promotion will happen manually for the first few promotions, so we can make sure that everything is working. Feel free to file bugs in bugzilla, if you encounter any.
Improvements will come in the next few weeks. More integration with the autobuilder is already coming next week.
In a later post, I will discuss the new promotion process for Fremantle a bit more in depth. This is still something that needs to be refined a bit.